Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Review of The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know a lot have people have read this book already and there is a movie adaptation. I wanted to read it before I saw the movie and we had it scheduled in book club so I patiently waited and wow was it worth the wait. Hazel was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. Her mother thinks she is depressed and both her mother and doctor decide she should go to group therapy; so she does. They meet in a church in a room called the “heart of god”. She isn’t found of group. They are all in different stages of dying. Then one meeting she meets a boy named Augustus Waters. Augustus had cancer himself and lost his leg to it. He has been cancer free for over a year and has a different way of looking at life. He and Hazel immediately form a friendship that teeters on the edge of more. As much more as two cancer kids can have. They really bond over a book that is Hazel’s all-time favorite. This starts Hazel and Augustus’s journey. So much happens in this book. There is no happily ever after as there isn’t with cancer kids. I don’t even really have the words to explain how much I loved this book. Augustus has a wonderful way of looking at life. He helps change Hazel in wonderful ways. Hazel has been living with cancer for over 3 years and has only a small circle of people in her life. Augustus helps her begin to live and be active. This book is sad, emotional, romantic and so much more. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but this is a must read book for sure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment